blogspot stats
.visitors as of today AND its your new lucky number.

Saturday 3 July 2010

My First EVER Festival...not the last

I went to the Isle of Wight Festival last month
Head Liners were - Jay z/The Strokes/Paul McCartney

It was crazy I never really thought in a million years I would be going to a music festival AND CAMPING for 4 days! but I did. I went with a few friends (Jonathan,Joey and James) from school and met up with some friends from uni (Molly, Dave and Dave) there as well.

One year to this week, I met some random guy on the train coming from portsmouth (clearning my university house to get that deposit back) he was coming from Glastonbury Festival he was explaining to me how brilliant festivals were he managed to convince I had to do one! remember this is the year I plan to do some crazy stuff (another blog post)

Day 1 - Thursday moving in day
Was crazyyyy, we got on the train from Victoria nice and early but silly me was messying around with my band AND THEN IT BROKEEEE, so we were very worried about me not getting entry because you know how these people can be funny some times but it was sorted out fairly quickly.

when we got to the IOW (isle of wight) IT WAS RAINING HARDDDD! and we had to set up are tents in the rain (LONGNESS) but we did it, I was happy with my tent from tesco 20 quid nice and cheap :D

then we went to buy some booze only problem was transporting the booze from the minicab to are camp site :O (even longerrr) but we did it.

Only one act was performing on the thursday which I wasn't really interested in but never the less I went to see they were ok.

I only just remembered I could take photos with my blackberry so I went a bit photo crazyyyy

Check out the photos below

Day 2 - Jay Z day!
these were the sign posts to help so the festival goers can tell where they are


Waiting to go into the main festival part aka (buy buy alcohol area)

Someone was either very very drunk and walked back in the mud with their feet or it was a Art Student expressing some art....
the inside of my tent note the CIPD Magazine (never stop learning)

out side of my tent thanks tesco

more signs and random photos


the mud from the day b4!

where I was camping and the Famous Jimi Hendrix tune
Both of my new BBM photos





inside of my tent
band which is still on my arm I am going to try beat my mate alex he's managed to keep his on for a year...I met a girl with 10 festival bands on her arm :O

more random photos


mAIN stage


ahhhhhhhh the one solid meal everyday thanks to Dom <


DJ Hero I could easily of beat them...

Mr Hudson................................ the system kept on cutting out while he was performing ....


the sun and james head!

the lengths people will go to for not paying gate fee tut tut ^

Calvin Harris he was pretty good!
Florence and Machine she can sing btwwww this is when I bumped into Molly from uni and her mates Alexandra and Louis
Guest who was on next....


freestyling












Kanye runs out on stage and the crowd goes NUTSSS

After Jigga man molly, alexandra, louis and I went to see the Nextmen do a crazy dj set, it was sooooo sick they mixed

with

and played


Day 3 - The Slash Day

I had to go.......
Joeys ghetto blaster

next door neighbors there was a discount someone told me...


Vampire weekend were good
watching the footy

N DUBZZZZZZZ

Blondieeeeee she is pretty good and very pretty, I didnt think I kneww soo many of her tunes!

The Slash I was not a fan of theirs! the lead guy had one of those arrogant persona's.... he just walked off the stage without saying by tut tut tut


Afterwards I tried a veggie sausage my cuzzi Nigel told me late nights the venders give some crazy discounts on their food so I got it for free!

Day 4 - Paul Mccartney Day

Bonnnnnnnnny she was the next door neighbor to Dave and Dave aka carter and davey p!

Saw some of Pinks performance I was soo busy getting my phone charged
she went into a big hamster ball and went over the crowd and then she flew over the crowd :O
Justin has some pretty cool photos
editors - boreeeeeee I missed some of Spandau ballet : (

The Legend Paul McCartney - he did sooo many of the Beatles Tunes, his own and a tribute to Jimi Hendrix .....


big crowd of people

Fire Works marks the end of festivals

Ive heard some mad story's about the last night of festivals people go around setting alight people's tents :O thanks akeem....

Day 5 - Leaving the Island

next door



my little rubbish pit (VOTE GREEN)



Joey cooking the last supper pork sausages I had a couple




This saved me for the 4 days!
eco wipes are the way fwd!

my tent down


the wash point (i never used)


my back pack, tent, sleeping bag and some next things I dont know where they are now tbh
the que going back
emmmmm where to gooo
Portsmouth of course
going back to the main land
get back on the underground reading one of those free newspapers and I see this

overall the festival was a very good experience everyone should do I say!

I want to go to another festival this time maybe Reading or even the infamous Glastonbury but ive got at least 11 months to think about that....

for me now its all about doing that placement essay ive had for exactly 12 months to do and do my WBL (dissertation) all due in September fun timesss....time to get serious!

WIRELESS TOMORROW should be fun Jay z and mr Hudson again and no Drake check out http://g2da3.blogspot.com/2010/07/news-drake-cancels-uk-shows.html I will be doing the Wireless blog post for my friend Fly Prints

Check out his blog here > http://flyprints.co.uk/blog/

0 comments: